Shelby is now offering the most powerful versions of the Shelby GT500 Super Snake for the 2013 model year in the company’s 50 year history.
With a base model rated at 662 HP and an optional 850 HP version, the limited edition 2013 Shelby GT500 Super Snake also features new styling cues, color options and optional performance upgrades at a lower base price. Only 500 total 2013 Super Snakes will be built; the car is available as a coupe or convertible in the entire color palette offered by Ford Motor Company on the Shelby GT500.
For the 2013 model year, Shelby American takes the stock Ford GT500 and kicks it up to the next performance level with new options and styling changes. Customers can choose between Satin Black or Gloss White stripes to be paired with new wheels in Satin Black or Bright Silver Metallic, along with new silver and blue stripes paired with limited base vehicle colors. Offered for the first time in Shelby American’s history will be a choice of rear-only or front and rear “wide body” packages with an optional 14 inch rear wheel and tire package, as seen on the Carroll Shelby Tribute car developed by Ford and Shelby American that was unveiled in Monterey.
The Shelby GT500 Super Snake is a post-title program based on the Ford Shelby GT500. The 2013 Ford Shelby GT500 Super Snake post title package includes:
• Standard base tune is 662 HP and 631 ft./lbs. of torque
• 6-speed manual transmission with 3.31:1 rear axle ratio and short-throw shifter with optional 3.73:1
• Upgraded suspension package
• Shelby Performance cooling package with a new radiator, heat exchanger and aluminum cooling tanks
• New spoked Shelby-designed 20-inch wheels and performance tires
• Shelby / Borla exhaust system
• Optional Shelby / Ford Racing 850 hp Whipple supercharger or 850 hp Kenne Bell supercharger
• Forged Shelby / Wildwood brakes with 6 piston fronts and 4 piston rear calipers and cross drilled / vented rotors
• Front brake cooling ducts and behind the door side scoops
• Unique fiberglass hood featuring classic Shelby Super Snake design
• Shelby signature Super Snake stripes in either satin black, gloss white, silver or blue
• “Super Snake” vehicle badges, and unique CSM number interior and engine plates
• “Shelby” lettering across the rear deck lid
• Optional two tone leather interior
• Shelby signature embroidered headrests, floor mats and other Shelby designed components
The 2013 Shelby GT500 Super Snake post-title package starts at $28,995.00 for the 662 HP version and $39,995.00 for the 850 HP model, not including the base car. Only 500 of these cars will be built, all at the Shelby American factory in Las Vegas. Customers can build their dream Shelby Super Snake online with the “Build-One” program at http://shelbyamerican.com/buildhome.asp. Those interested in a car can also contact the Shelby American sales department at (702) 942-7325 or go to www.shelbyamerican.com.
Posted: September 23rd, 2012
at 11:40pm by The Sub-Editor
Comments: No comments